Saturday, October 16, 2010

Update on Ridgemont

Hi. Hey. Hello again. I wonder if I'm really cut out for blogging...or at least, this type of blog - one that is not journal-like in nature. One that I need to keep focused on the whole art scene without just randomly spouting emotional tirades about something bad (or good) happening on a particular day. Well, maybe I need to carve out time to devote to it; I would like to try my hand at critical writing, like art reviews. First I need to learn how to do that though.....
So, I spoke with Gene today, the man who interviewed me for Wayves. Turns out we are to be on the front page of the November issue! Oh God...What have I gotten myself into? I suddenly feel so self conscious . It's more of a story about me, and coming out, and being a gay artist rather than a review of my work. That's fine. Gets my feet wet talking to reporters, right?

1 comment:

  1. I've tried to write specifically about art and it is draining and exhausting. I think what artists need from artists is reality-which means you have days that have nothing to do with art. Just let your personality shine and I for one will eat up every word.

    ReplyDelete