Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Your friendly neighbourhood Sexton

I got the job! I am now your friendly neighbourhood Sexton......what's a Sexton you say? It would be very interesting to know what people think it is....leave a comment with your first reaction to that word, k?

sex·ton (sĕkˈstən) noun

An employee or officer of a church who is responsible for the care and upkeep of church property and sometimes for ringing bells and digging graves.

Sex·ton (sĕkˈstən), Anne 1928-1974.

American poet whose works, including the collections Live or Die (1966) and The Death Notebooks (1974), document her struggle with mental illness and her search for faith.

Both oddly applicable in some way.....
I am greatly looking forward to knowing this building and I am sure there will be many architectural gems for me to explore and paint about hidden within the 150+ year old walls...

1 comment: