Monday, September 13, 2010

Just Keep Swimming, Just Keep Swimming, Swimming Swimming

So I worked with the background. I have come to realize that my need for perfection is what holds me back most of the time...because I am not perfect (not even close), nor will I ever attain perfection in my work. "An artist never completes her work, she merely abandons it." The best thing to do is to keep trying.

I ended up with orange and pink clouds and a blue black strip with cosmos. I think I'll leave it for tonight. It's definitely different from the previous collages, but then, conversion to Christianity was/is off my grid of previous experience. I have other things on my mind though...interfering with the desire to paint. I'm waiting to hear about a possible job with St. Paul's church, a dear friend of mine is in the hospital again, and I am fighting a deep dissatisfaction with being a single woman. The lesbian community is a tough one to break into around here...especially when they find out I'm "religious". "I don't do religious girls, sorry. Too much latent guilt." Oy.

1 comment:

  1. Marsha! Hope it's going well on both the art and social fronts. Fingers crossed for you about the possible job! :)

    I totally hear you on the perfection in art thing grabbing a hold of our work and frustrating the brains out of us. meh The life of the artist can't always be wine and cheese.

    ReplyDelete