Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Secret keeper

Today i was humbled and honoured to receive my first story about the Limits of Love. It's well written, raw and real. It's a strange thing, being privy to a person's inner demons...I feel I have an awesome responsibility now to represent this person's pain as individual, yet universally experienced. I want the viewer to be captured by the image of perhaps a pinhole camera, draw them in and once you look closer, you can see both the text and the beauty that flourishes among the barrenness. Maybe a monochromatic, pale heart, surrounded by exploding colour and life, only a hint of which touches the interior of this heart. One thing is for sure; I most definitely like working cooperatively to form an image. I thank this person for their words; I will treat you gently.

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be so cool to see the words along with images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thoughts on bearing witness to another's story really resonate with me. it is a gift and a responsibility to be entrusted with the stories that need to be told, definately no small thing! Your respect for the mysteries and frailties of the human heart make you so worthy of this calling. I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts on this process,especially the work it renders in you.

    ReplyDelete