Tuesday, August 17, 2010

on FIRE!

Sometimes my head spins a little when I think about the future. It's true, I want to be famous... now that the beginning steps are being taken, I'm a little excited. The pace is quick, and there is a lot of work involved. Just got word that I'll be included in an RBC exhibition from September 1 - 30th, at one of their public branches, as well as at the Fredericton City Hall Gallery the month of October. These shows are a spin off from the Artist in Residence series I completed at the York Sunbury Museum. That makes the number of exhibitions for 2010 six!: The Palate (Jan-March), Dreams Reflections and Memories (May at the Annex), Artist in Residence (Aug at York Sunbury Museum), RBC exhibition, City Hall exhibition and my first solo show Possible Selves on October 1. Now, if I could just get this move over with, I can get back to work. There is a press release text due on August 27 that I haven't started, as well as an Artist Statement. The essay for the show will have to wait a bit longer. There are grant applications that need starting, and oh, yes, I have to start my daughter at kindergarten. Feeling a little busy!

1 comment: